Here’s a yummy Asian stir fry using a summer fave – green beans. Enjoy!
photo: fulton davenport
Stir Fried Green Beans with Chinese Preserved Black Beans
Recipe Type: side
- 1½ lb. green beans, stems removed
- 2 Tblsp preserved black beans, minced
- 1 Tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tblsp cooking oil
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for about 1 minute or until slightly tender.
- Drain them and place them immediately in ice water to stop the cooking. This will preserve the bright green color of the beans.
- Warm the oil in a wok or saute pan, add the garlic and black beans, stir briefly.
- Add the green beans and stir to combine. Serve warm.
Preserved black beans are a fermented, pickled bean used in Asian cooking. They impart a delicious flavor, especially when combined with garlic.