Last week I posted a recipe for Chicken Mole in anticipation of Dia de los Muertos.
When you make it, be sure to start the night off right with this fun tequila cocktail courtesy of the folks at Espolón Tequila. The Marigold Ofrenda is light and citrusy with a chile kick.
As for the significance of the marigold, the flower is typically used to decorate ofrendas and grave sites during Day of the Dead festivities. They are thought to attract the souls to the offerings. Enjoy! -alyce eyster
- 2 oz. Espolón Tequila Reposado
- 1 oz. fresh Lime Juice
- 75 oz. Orange Curaçao or Triple Sec
- 5 oz. light agave nectar
- 5 cup peeled and chopped cantaloupe
- ⅛ tsp. chile de arbol powder
- 1 small edible marigold for garnish
- Muddle cantaloupe, agave nectar, and Orange Curaçao in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding garnish. Add ice and shake very well for at least 10 seconds.
- Double strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with edible marigold.