My go-to vinaigrette consists of a garlic clove, honey, Dijon, lemon juice and walnut oil. It’s a tasty little recipe, but I’ve tired of it.
I’m craving different flavors now. The vinaigrette I’ve been making lately features Sherry wine vinegar and thyme from the herb garden.
This salad has great mouth feel. There’s the crunch of the carrot and celery, the sharp, tangy creaminess of the Manchego cheese and the toothy Romaine. This is the salad I usually serve with paella.
Enjoy it! -alyce eyster
photo: fulton davenport
- 1 head Romaine, chopped
- 6 oz. Manchego cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 Tblsp Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, garlic and thyme. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper Toss with the salad greens and serve at once.