Football season’s in full swing, fall is nearly here are you know what that means… time to tailgate!
This is a favorite recipe, and it offers something green for the tailgate menu. I love the crunch of the nuts against the creaminess of the blue cheese all set off by the lemony oil. It’s a lovely flavor profile.
Plus Green Beans with Almonds & Blue Cheese can be made ahead thanks to the blanched green beans. It travels well and the flavors get even deeper as they have more time to marry.
Here’s a link to the Herb Marinated Beef Tenderloin in this photo, plus some tailgating tips.
Enjoy. -alyce eyster
Photo: Fulton Davenport
- 1½ lbs. green beans, stemmed
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 oz. sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest of ½ lemon
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh in ice water to preserve their bright green color. Add the cheese and almonds to the beans and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Strain and add to the bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.