Now here’s something fun and interesting to try: grilled endive.
It’s easy too. Simply split the heads in half lengthwise, soak in the marindade and grill.
And be sure to check out http://www.endive.com for instructional videos and lots of good info.
Enjoy your weekend!
- 6 heads endive (red, white, or a combination), halved lengthwise through the root end
- For the marinade:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers (optional)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-metallic bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the endive and toss. Set aside at room temperature to marinate, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill the endive cut side down until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes depending on your grill. Turn, brush with any remaining marinade, and cook until crisp-tender and lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes depending on your grill. Serve warm.