While we’ve got several weeks until Texas Hill Country peaches ripen, farmer’s markets in Houston have Texas peaches from more southern locales now. Enjoy them in a peach milkshake. As for the peach liqueur, I recommend Mathilde Peche Liqueur. -alyce eyster
- 4 large, ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 pints Amy's Sweet Cream ice cream or premium vanilla ice cream, softened
- zest of ½ to 1 small orange
- ⅓ cup peach liqueur
- straws, trimmed to fit glass
- Place 6 small juice or cocktail glasses in the freezer to chill. In a blender, puree the peach flesh.
- Add the softened ice cream, zest and peach liqueur.
- Give it another wiz then serve in chilled glasses with a straw.