We’re making progress in the kitchen!
The drywall is up. It has been floated and sanded. As the space begins to take shape, dramatic changes like this are especially fun to watch.
We’ve been into this project for 7 weeks now and the other day I realized it will be six more weeks (I hope) until a completed (or almost complete) kitchen. That doesn’t sound so bad after all. Maybe we’re over the hump.
Here’s a meatless picnic supper I cooked, I mean prepared, to celebrate the space.
Herbed Goat Cheese & Baguette
My favorite goat cheese is Cheesy Girl “Hottie.”
Sun-“drywall” Tomato, Feta and Greek Yogurt Dip with Carrots & Crackers
Tomato, Shallot & Parsley Salad
Combine (1) 10.5 oz. container sliced grape tomatoes, 1 large finely chopped shallot, handful chopped Italian parsely and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cherries & Watermelon Chunks
My favorite summer fruit. Just as it sounds.
-Enjoy! alyce eyster
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt (I use Fage.)
- 1-2 Tblsp olive oil
- ½ cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 finely chopped green onions
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Blend together the feta and yogurt in a medium bowl, making sure to work out any large feta chunks.
- Add the olive oil and sundried tomatoes and combine well.
- Fold in the green onions, then season to taste with salt and pepper.