This Mixed Berry Crumble is easy summer entertaining defined.
It features fresh summer berries, a quick and easy method and of course, delicious results.
If you feel so inclined, consider topping it with whipped cream or ice cream.
Enjoy your summer! -alyce eyster
photo: fulton davenport
- 6 cups fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tblsp lemon juice
- Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 6 Tblsp sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice and toss to combine. Divide the berry mixture between the ramekins.
- Prepare the crumble topping by combining the flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the berries and bake for 30 minutes until the topping is golden. Serve warm.