This is one of my favorite salads. I love the blend of the lettuces, the crunch of the carrots and the addition of the artichokes and hearts of palm. It is a great green salad to pair with pizza or a hearty red-sauced pasta. Enjoy! -alyce
photo: fulton davenport
- 1 small head Romaine lettuce 1 small head Bibb lettuce
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained & halved
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 (15oz.) can hearts of palm, drained & sliced
- 1 Tblsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tblsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the lettuces and tear into small pieces. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the shallots, Dijon, garlic and red wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with vinaigrette, and serve immediately.