Sports fans, here’s a chip and dip that will leave you cheering like a Texans fan this past Saturday.
Tonight’s the BCS National Championship game, so if you need something for game time (or for the Super Bowl), this one’s a crowd pleaser.
I like to serve it with Kettle Brand chips in sea salt, but you can also go the healthy route with carrots and celery.
One tip: be careful to watch how much Tabasco and Worcestershire you add. Adding too much to this white dip will alter the color and it won’t be pretty.
Geaux Tigers! -alyce eyster
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. blue cheese, room temperature (I prefer an American blue like Maytag)
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tblsp finely chopped green onion
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend the cream cheese and sour cream together until creamy and well-combined.
- Crumble in the blue cheese and beat on medium speed until no large lumps are visible.
- Add a dash or two of Worcestershire and Tabasco, then the pepper. Gently fold in the green onion.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.